Expert speakers include:
- Nicole Jacobs, Domestic Abuse Commissioner
- Gudrun Burnet, CEO, Standing Together
- Noreen Wallace, Domestic Abuse Lead Inspector, HMI Probation
- Dr Nicola Sharp-Jeffs, Director, Surviving Domestic Abuse
- Kate Johal, Senior Policy Advisor, Action for Children
- Sophie Francis-Cansfield, Senior Campaigns and Policy Officer,Women's Aid
- Dr Elizabeth Bates, Senior Lecturer of Psychology, University of Cumbria
- Rob Ewin, Detective Sergeant, North Crime & Safeguarding Hub, Durranhill Police Station
- Luke Hart, Author & Activist, Coco Awareness
- Gabriela Quevedo, Director for Advocacy and Influencing, Latin American Women’s Aid
- Christina Ioannou, Legal Housing Adviser, Latin American Women’s Aid
forum will provide an essential update on the latest legislation and regulation seeking to better protect victims and bring perpetrators to justice. We will also review the impact of the Covid 19 lockdown on domestic violence rates
, what lessons can be learnt and how to best support victims and families in the aftermath.
We will explore adopting policies and strategies to help support victims into social housing
and ensuring economic abuse does not encourage victims to stay with an abusive partner.
We will discuss how improved recordings and strategies will help prevent future cases of domestic abuse, key changes to the court and protection orders,
and how to create sustainable models to encourage those from minority communities into accessing support from available services.
We will explore early intervention strategies to break the cycle and de-normalise domestic abuse for children and young people,
and Luke Hart will be giving you personal insight into improvements that could be made by public organisations such as schools and doctors,in identifying warning signs and monitoring suspected cases. .
The event will bring those together from housing, social, or family settings,
to improve consistency and better performance in the response to domestic abuse through an effective multi-agency approach.