Westminster Insight’s Smarter Power Grid Digital Live Broadcast
Representative, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Representative, Ofgem
- Craig Dyke, Head of Strategy and Regulation, National Grid’s Electricity System Operator
- Randolph Brazier, Head of Innovation & Development, Energy Networks Association
- Audrey Gallacher, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Policy,Energy UK
- Caroline Bragg, Policy Director, The Association for Decentralised Energy (ADE)
- Dr Howard Porter, CEO, BEAMA
- Iliana Cardenes, International Smart Energy Innovation Lead,
Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Prof. Paul Dorey, Facilitator, UK Energy Sector Cybersecurity Group (E3CC)
- Alan Gooding, Executive Director, Smarter Grid Solutions
- Emma Davidson, Head of Strategy, SSE
- Rubina Singh, Global Channel Strategy, Centrica
- Simon Daniels, Founder and CEO, Moixa
- John Hutchins, Head of Smarter Living, EDF Energy
brings together leading experts to discuss the next steps for developing smart electricity networks in the UK, and priorities for delivering grid flexibility, decarbonisation, reduced consumer costs and increased energy efficiency through control over energy use.
Our electricity system is undergoing fundamental change, with the system becoming increasingly distributed and environmentally friendly through the integration of greener energy generation, improvements to energy storage and demand side-response.
BEIS’s Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan
estimated that the full potential of grid flexibility
could deliver savings of £40 billion a year by 2050.
However concern has been recently highlighted of the risk of the UK failing to fully reach this potential without a renewed effort and focus.
Join leading experts from the government, energy, environment and technology sectors
to share solutions and hear best practice case studies of delivering a smart and flexible electricity network through discussion of key topics including;